Objective of study trips during the IEMBA
Become a Global Manager and identify new local business opportunities and pitfalls through the study trips exposure.
Duration of study trips
5 working days per study trip, with focus on the international immersion :
- specific lectures related to the country,
- companies’ visits,
- share with expats their local experience,
- networking events.
How do you do business in… ?
Lectures within Top ranked Universities :
Have access to key professors and experts from private sector
International Institute of Management – Calcutta, India
Jiao Tong University – Shanghai, China
Fundacao Getulio Vargas University – Sao Paulo, Brazil
Have access to local key managers
- Wallonia Foreign Trade and Investment Agency (AWEX), Belgian Diplomacy & Belgian Chambers of Commerce support allow us to organize expat events to meet local managers.
- By sharing their specific managerial experience from different sectors/industries/sizes, you will learn on a fast track and identify how potential new opportunities for your business could be launched with the right network to support you.
Companies visits :
Learn from real cases with legal and economical specific framework
The visited companies is each year renewed with new companies in LSM or in current IEMBA students’ network.
Each time we have the opportunity with the local managers to see production lines, discuss quality issues, outsourcing, logistics, relationship with headquarters and control, local access to skilled employees, global business organization, financial means, marketing strategy to specific market, legal issues and IP rights, etc.
- Brazil: Parafix, Katoen Natie, Rabobank, Puratos, Flamant, Umicore, Alstom, Unica, BNP Paribas, Solvay, ASGV Advogados, Bovespa, Natura, Bombardier, Komatsu, SKF, Deslee Clama, Le Pain Quotidien, etc.
- China: Picanol Textile Machinery, Baxter, Dow Corning, Huawei, Volvo, Laitai Medical Biotechnology Ltd, Automatic Systems, Soudal, AF Compressors, Lotus Bakeries, etc.
- India: Tata Motors, Bekaert, Atelier François, Emani Group, Linde, Bandhan Bank, etc.